It’s the British Grand Prix this weekend – a weekend that is best described as ‘wet’ by every forecaster (and Badger) across the land. Badger’s in situ at Silverstone to keep you up to date with all the latest gossip, news and angle of rainfall.
Whatever happens to us (think Noahesque flooding), you’ll be able to watch the action live via the BBC or Sky this weekend and, of course, live on BBC Radio 5 Live ever excellent audio coverage.
No matter how you follow the GP this weekend, let’s hope it’s another great race.
note the build up to the Grand prix is live on BBC One + HD, with the whole race live on BBC Two + HD – this is due to the simultaneous scheduling of the Wimbledon Men’s Final)
- FP1: 08.55 – 10.35 – Sky F1 HD / BBC Red Button
- FP2: 12.55 – 14.35 – Sky F1 HD / BBC Red Button
- The F1 Show: 17.00 – 18.00 – Sky F1 HD
- FP3: 09.55 – 11.05 – Sky F1 HD / BBC Red Button
- 12.10 – 14.30 - BBC Two & BBC HD
- 12.00 – 14.30 – Sky F1 HD
- Grand Prix (race start at 1pm):
- 11.30 – 16.15 – Sky F1 HD
- 12.05 – 15.30 – BBC One/Two & BBC HD
- (BBC One until 12.55 and then BBC Two until 15.30
- All sessions live on BBC 5 Live with James Allen, Jaime Alguersuari and Jennie Gow
Go here to see all the times for every session of every grand prix weekend in 2012 and go here to learn more about the UK presenters and commentators, with such luminaries as Jake Humphrey, Gary Anderson, Lee McKenzie and the Sky F1 team.
What do you make of the TV coverage so far this year? Happy with Sky, or prefer the BBC? Let us know in the comments and also read our thoughts on it for Australia, Malaysia, China, Bahrain and Spain too.
Besides Formula 1
The Sky F1 channel, despite its name, does show more than just F1, with the GP2 and GP3 action also covered during the course of the weekend.
- GP2 Practice 1 11.50 – 12.30
- GP2 Qualifying 15.55 – 16.45
- GP3 Qualifying 08.45 – 09.25
- GP2 Feature Race 14.35 – 16.00
- GP3 Race 1 16.15 – 17.00
- GP3 Race 2 08.25 – 09.25
- GP2 Sprint Race 09.35 – 10.40