By the sounds of the radio communication following the chequered flag, we may have witnessed one of Lewis’ final victories for the McLaren team today. He took control of the race from lights out, defending against Massa as they left Button behind to take up 3rd after turn 1.
Besides a brief bit of fun at the front for Sergio Perez, Hamilton lead from start to finish, leaving everyone else to squabble for points. Perez may have started well down, outside the top 10, but the Mexican had a massively long first stint on hard tyres before making a stop and coming out with fresh tyres and overtaking everyone up to 2nd place.
Fernando Alonso reminded us why he’s referred to as the best driver in F1, making a super impressive drive from 10th to 3rd to take the final step on the podium and keep his championship lead in tact.
We’ll bring you more on today’s race shortly, but for now – what do we all think of Lewis’ post-race chat with the team – it didn’t exactly sound like he’s looking forward to shortly announcing a long-term commitment to the McLaren team did it?
- Lewis Hamilton – McLaren/Mercedes
- Sergio Pérez – Sauber/Ferrari
- Fernando Alonso – Ferrari
- Felipe Massa – Ferrari
- Kimi Räikkönen – Lotus/Renault
- M.Schumacher – Mercedes
- Nico Rosberg – Mercedes
- Paul Di Resta – Force India/Mercedes
- Kamui Kobayashi – Sauber/Ferrari
- Bruno Senna – Williams/Renault
- Pastor Maldonado – Williams/Renault
- Daniel Ricciardo – Toro Rosso/Ferrari
- J.D’Ambrosio – Lotus/Renault
- H.Kovalainen – Caterham/Renault
- Vitaly Petrov – Caterham/Renault
- Charles Pic – Marussia/Cosworth
- Timo Glock – Marussia/Cosworth
- Pedro de la Rosa – HRT/Cosworth
- N.Karthikeyan – HRT/Cosworth
- Mark Webber – Red Bull/Renault
- Nico Hülkenberg – Force India/Mercedes
- Sebastian Vettel – Red Bull/Renault
- Jenson Button – McLaren/Mercedes
- Jean-Eric Vergne – Toro Rosso/Ferrari