It’s the European Grand Prix this weekend – a race that’s been at the Valencia Street Circuit since 2008 and that’s yet to produce an exciting afternoon of F1 racing. Hopefully Pirelli’s influence on the grands prix of late will change this and produce another unpredictable podium or at least a bit of on-track battling for position…
Whatever happens, you’ll be able to watch the action live via the BBC or Sky this weekend and of course it is, as ever live on BBC 5 Live too and their audio coverage is superb.
No matter how you follow the GP this weekend, let’s hope for another great race in this season of great races.
- FP1: 08.55 – 10.35 – Sky F1 HD / BBC Red Button
- FP2: 12.55 – 14.35 – Sky F1 HD / BBC Red Button
- The F1 Show: 17.00 – 18.00 – Sky F1 HD
- FP3: 09.55 – 11.05 – Sky F1 HD / BBC Red Button
- 12.10 – 14.15 – BBC One & BBC HD
- 12.00 – 14.30 – Sky F1 HD
- Grand Prix (race start at 1pm):
- 11.30 – 16.15 – Sky F1 HD
- 12.10 – 15.15 – BBC One & BBC HD
- All sessions live on BBC 5 Live with James Allen, Jaime Alguersuari and Jennie Gow
You can see our page here to see all the times for every session of every grand prix weekend for 2012 here and go here to learn more about the UK presenters and commentators, such as Jake Humphrey, Gary Anderson, Lee McKenzie and the Sky F1 team.
What do you make of the TV coverage so far this year? Happy with Sky, prefer the BBC? Let us know in the comments and you can also read about our thoughts on the TV coverage for Australia, Malaysia, China, Bahrain and Spain too.
Besides Formula 1
The Sky F1 channel, despite the name does show more than just F1 with the GP2 and GP3 action also covered over the course of the weekend.
- GP2 Practice 1 10.55 – 11.35
- GP2 Qualifying 14.55 – 15.35
- GP3 Qualifying 08.40 – 09.20
- GP2 Feature Race 14.35 – 16.00
- GP3 Race 1 16.15 – 17.00
- GP3 Race 2 08.20 – 09.05
- GP2 Sprint Race 09.30 – 10.35