Badger’s GP Bash kicked off, after some introductions, with our Big GP Quiz where the 150+ strong audience were handed quiz sheets and challenged to answer all the questions below – one team, quite remarkably scored a massive 38/40 and that was “Team Mike Griffin” which included these folks from Twitter: @mike_griffin_f1 @OzoneVibe @TheVanquish and @the_lap_times – an impressive result! The chaps walked away with Virgin Racing goodies and a bottle of champers, thanks to the Sports Cafe.
In a close 2nd place were “Team Scuderia Smedley” with 36/40 (including @lookingspiffy, @calmbanana, @peachyf1, @tommyb89, and @andonida ) who won some VR merch, some Henri Lloyd gear and very nearly the taste of victory!
Well done folks, hope you enjoy your prizes and now we’re pleased to reveal the answers to our quiz below – a special mention goes to “Team Darryl and Dick” (which included @richardsobey ) who came in last with a rather embarrassing 10/40 – they left happy with a free Ferrari* each and a sachet of Ferrari sugar – well done folks and thanks to everyone else that took part – it won’t be the last ‘Badger’s Big Quiz….’ and now, without further ado, here are the answers….
Round One – Name the Driver
Simply, let us know the name of each of these grand prix drivers from past and present:
Round Two – General Knowledge
Five questions, all multiple choice with each have one correct answer and four incorrect:
- a – Alex Wurz
- b – Ricardo Zonta
- c – Takuma Sato
- d – Mark Webber
- e – Sebastien Buemi
2. Who stood in for Michael Schumacher when he broke his leg in 1999?
3. With which team did Ayrton Senna get his first F1 drive with?
- a – Lotus
- b – Wolf
- c – Toleman
- d – Ferrari
- e – McLaren
4. Who famously said “Felipe Baby, stay cool”
- a – Rob Smedley
- b – Rocky
- c – Stefan Domenicalo
- d – Luca Di Montezemelo
- e – Michael Schumacher
5. Which team got the most fastest laps in 2009?
- a – Brawn GP
- b – Red Bull
- c – Ferrari
- d – McLaren
- e – Toyota
Round Three – Who, When and Where?
Here we have five video clips – complete with a great soundtrack – for each clip we ask, who is in it, when was it and where was it?
- Clip One: Vettel and Webber, Turkey – Istanbul Park, 2010
- Clip Two: Alonso, Italy – Monza, 2010
- Clip Three: Hamilton and Alonso, Hunagry – Hungaroring, 2007
- Clip Four: Schumacher and Coulthard, Belgium – Spa, 1998
- Clip Five: Prost, Germany – Hockenheim, 1986
Round Four – General Knowledge
Here are five questions, but this time they are not multiple choice, so you have to know the answer!
1. Name 3 of Jenson Button’s team mates
3 of the following: Hamilton, Barrichello, Sato, Villeneuve, Fisichella, Ralf Schumacher
2. Where and when was the first F1 World Championship Grand Prix?
Silverstone, Great Britain, 1950
3. What was the number on Damon Hill’s car in 1993?
4. What is Sebastien Buemi’s nationality?
5. Name 3 Sebastiens who have driven for Toro Rosso
Buemi, Bourdais, Vettel
Round Five – Name the track
And finally, another picture round, this time showing past and present grand prix tracks – it’s your challenge to name them (or at least the country where they hosted a grand prix)
Photos from Badger’s GP Bash will be up later today – look out for them!
*Toy Ferrari that is…