This Sunday we get to enjoy the annual Autosport Awards where every who’s anyone in motorsport attends this glamorous event to celebrate the best talent of the year. It’s a good fun event that gives us the opportunity to see personalities, including drivers being a more relaxed and having a good time.
At previous years we’ve seen the likes of Sebastian Vettel being downright hilarious on stage and we’re expecting much more this year too – Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso will be there – the latter is getting “Rookie of the Year” – yes, that’s right – Rookie – for his Indy 500 performance.
You can watch the whole event online via YouTube and you should follow @BadgerGP on Twitter because we’ll be live-tweeting from the red carpet as the finest of motorsport folk rock up to the event.
It’s also good to see Nelson Piquet (the multiple champ not the Singapore slinger) be awarded for his contribution to motorsport, receiving the lifetime achievement award – for more info, see below.
The live video stream can be found here (on Sunday)
Triple Formula 1 World Champion Nelson Piquet to be honoured at the 2017 Autosport Awards as full list of contenders is confirmed
- Three-time Formula 1 World Champion, Nelson Piquet, will be honoured with the Gregor Grant Award for Lifetime Achievement when he attends the 2017 Autosport Awards ceremony
- Piquet made 204 race starts, won 23 races and had 60 podiums during a 13-year Formula 1 career
- Previous Gregor Grant Award for Lifetime Achievement winners include Mario Andretti, Dale Earnhardt Sr., Sir Jackie Stewart, Sir Stirling Moss, Alain Prost and Emerson Fittipaldi
- Among the nominees for this year’s prestigious Awards are Lewis Hamilton for International Racing Driver of the Year, who claimed his fourth F1 World Championship this year and Fernando Alonso for Rookie of the Year, who set the motorsport world alight with his stellar Indy 500 debut in May
- This year’s awards take place on Sunday 3 December at Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane
- Watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxMrjrd4iS4&feature=youtu.be