For our Aussie GP event we ran our now famous Grand Prix Pub Quiz for those at the event to have a laugh, prove their knowledge of F1 and win some awesome prizes. We thought it was only fair to share the quiz with everyone, so here you go. Just to stress, this is purely for fun, we gave away all our prizes at the event!
Round 1 – Aussie and Irish F1
- 1 – Which Williams driver’s 1986 title challenge ended in Adelaide after a tyre blew up?
- 2 – Mika Hakkinen won the 1998 Australian GP after which other driver pulled over to gift him the win?
- 3 – Which of these German drivers went airborne at the start of the 2002 Oz GP?
- Ralf Schumacher, Michael Schumacher, Timo Glock, Heinz Herald Frentzen
- 4 – Which Honda driver’s engine blew up 10 metres from the line in Oz’s 2006 GP?
- 5 – Who is the only Italian to win the Australian GP?
- 6 – Who is the only Irish driver to race for Ferrari?
- 7 – Who is the only Irish driver (other than Eddie Irvine) to race for the Irish team, Jordan?
- 8 – In what year did Jordan GP make their F1 debut?
- 1989, 1990, 1991, or 1992
- 9 – Felipe Massa’s race engineer Rob Smedley started his F1 career at Jordan?
- True or False?
- 10 – Which of the following sponsored the Jordan GP team?
- Sprite, 7Up, Guinness, Irn Bru
Round 2 – Name the Driver
Round 3 – Who When Where
Name the driver as indicated as well as the year and country where the clip was filmed.
Round 4 – General GP Knowledge
- 1 – In 2005, Juan Pablo Montoya recorded the record top speed at Monza, but how fast was it?
- 211.7mph, 221.7mph, 231.7mph or 241.7mph
- 2 – Who is Force India’s Technical Chief in 2013? Andrew…
- Brown, Black, Green, White, or Pink
- 3 – Which of these months was also the name of an F1 team?
- February March April May or June?
- 4 – What nationality is Esteban Gutierrez?
- 5 – What year did Pirelli first supply cars in F1?
- 1950, 1960, 1989, 2011
- 6 – 2756 points, Contested in 605 grands prix, 114 wins and 297 podiums, which team is this?
- 7 – Which driver in 2013 has a racing number of 8 printed on his car?
- 8 – Which of these oceans was also the name of an F1 team?
- Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, Southern, Arctic.
- 9 – Toro Rosso have only won 1 race in their history, who was the driver to do it?
- 10 – I have won 1 grand prix, had 1 pole position, 12 podiums and raced in 76 grands prix, accumulating 273 points in total. Who am I?
Round 5 – Say What You See