It’s that time of year again folks where us all in the Sett get busy and put on one of our very special BadgerGP Bashes! Last year we did Monaco and Brazil and everyone that came loved it, so we’re doing it again!
Advance Tickets are NOW SOLD OUT
There will be a limited number of tickets on the door at £5 each
- The basics of the event are 200+ people in a large room, watching the Grand Prix on the big screen (in HD this year!) together.
- There will also be the return of Badger’s Big GP Quiz where you can form teams, answer questions on your favourite subject (F1!) and win some fantastic prizes!
- Prize raffle – everyone who comes will be automatically entered into our Grand Prix Raffle with some quite awesome prizes up for grabs from various teams and sponsors.
- Banter – yes, plenty of Banter from Badger. As ever, Adam Milleneuve (Badger Editor) will be the compere of the event and ensure there’s plenty of banter and fun to be had.
- Scrutineering Bay LIVE – being as there will be a large group on F1 fans in the place, we thought it would be fun to do a live version of our Scrutineering Bay column where we can all discuss F1 itself, the Canadian GP, thoughts on the season so far and predictions – if you’ve seen the BBC’s F1 Forum, it’ll be a bit like that, minus Eddie Jordan, but with Craig Normansell taking care of things.
- Of course, the Badger GP Team will be there and we’ll arrange some ‘after party’ drinks for yet more banter!
Where and When
- As per previous events, the Sett will be relocated to London’s Sports Cafe – just a few minutes walk from Trafalgar Square. For this event we’ll be upstairs in the more spacious area where there’s even more screens showing international F1 TV feeds as well as the BBC’s coverage. There’s also a newly setup High Definition projector so you’ll be able to enjoy the race in glorious HD on a massive screen!
- Why Canada? There are plenty of reasons, but for starters, Canada is always guaranteed to be an exciting race, with the introduction of this year’s new toys and the Pirelli tyres, it’s sure to be an absolute thriller in 2011. Also, with the race not being on until 6pm, we have plenty of time to do the quiz, raffle and everything else before hand!
- The Canadian GP is on June 12th – so mark that in your diaries now and the event will be starting at 2.30pm – we advise you get there by 2pm to secure your seat, we filled up very quickly for Brazil last year!
- We’ll release a full list of prizes in due course, but for now we can say there will be merchandise for
- Red Bull fans,
- Mercedes fans,
- McLaren fans,
- BadgerGP merchandise
- …and loads more!
- To come to Badger’s Canadian GP Bash, it’s a bargainous £4.50 per person – all proceeds from the event go straight back into BadgerGP.com to keep the site running and developing further, it’s a shame to have to charge, but it’s just not doable otherwise and besides your £4.50 goes a long way –
- Free Drink! All tickets include a free drink at the Sports Cafe (see, £4.50 is a bargain!)
- Prize Raffle! All tickets also include entry into the prize raffle
- Group Discount – we’re also offering a group discount, where you can buy four tickets for £15
- Tickets will be delivered within one week of purchase via email
- Tickets will not be available on the door, they must be bought in advance by 5pm BST Thursday 9th June
Updates and News
As they come in, updates and news for the event will be published here on BadgerGP.com and via our other social media channels:
Payment via Cheque – If you’re not comfortable or would just rather pay via cheque, please mail us on email@example.com with details of how many tickets you need and we’ll mail you back with details of how to proceed from there. Payment via PayPal above is preferred!
Note: Due to licensing laws, you must be at least 18 years of age to enter the Sports Cafe