This weekend, BBC’s Top Gear features one of the most popular and definitely the happiest F1 driver on the grid – Mr Daniel Ricciardo. The awesome Aussie is to take to the track in the reasonably priced car, with tuition from the Stig and attempt to beat Lewis Hamilton’s current fastest lap.
Will he do it? Quite possibly, but you’ll have to tune in on Sunday to find out. To whet your appetite though, here are some shots from the day at the track. Including ones where Daniel ISN’T smiling. We never thought we’d see that.
For the record, here are the current top F1 driver lap times:
- Lewis Hamilton – 1.42.9
- Mark Webber – 1.43.1
- Sebastian Vettel – 1.44.0
- Rubens Barrichello – 1.44.3
- The Stig (II) – 1.44.4
- Nigel Mansell – 1.44.6
- Lewis Hamilton – 1.44.7 (Damp, oily)
- Jenson Button – 1.44.7 (HOT)
- The Stig (I) – 1.46.1
- Kimi Raikkonen – 1.46.1 (Very wet)
- Damon Hill – 1.46.3
- Mark Webber – 1.47.1 (Very wet)