Having been alerted to Lewis Hamilton’s musical “abilities” by POP recently, we thought it only be right to compile a list of songs which should be a shoo-in to feature in “F1: the Musical”. It’s surely only a matter of time they make a musical of the “circus” that is F1 – Bernie Ecclestone leaves no money-making stone unturned, after all.
- The Chain by Fleetwood Mac – the opener, naturally (for the impatient among you, 3 mins in should do the trick).
- Carmen – Prelude to Act 1 (The Toreadors) by Georges Bizet – as the final act of the musical plays out, the entire audience are showered with champagne for a truly “4D” experience.
- Sofa by Ed Sheeran – Formula 1 gets a mention from musical boy-wonder Sheeran.
- God Save the Queen by a Renault F1 car – classic.
- We are the Champions by Jenson Button – who needs to be in tune when you just won the World Championship? No, didn’t think so.
- Blah Blah Blah Blah-ing by Rubens Barrichello – irritatingly catchy.
Not making the cut:
- Lift Me Up penned by Moby – poor effort. Poor coverage.
- Don’t Cha by Pussycat Dolls – never trust the choices of a man who has pierced ears and veneers.
- General strumming by Vettel – finally! Something he’s rubbish at!
Suggestions welcome, just as long we’re all clear that Eddie Jordan’s “band” are not allowed in F1: The Musical. Glad we cleared that up.