Although the first grand prix is still over 50 days away, the season is about to get underway in only a matter of weeks with the launches of the new cars and of course the winter test sessions where we’ll get the first glimpse of the new motors in action…
Badger will be present at at least a couple of the launches to bring you the news as it happens, yay!
To summarise, so far the follow launch dates have been confirmed:
- Red Bull – Tuesday, Feb 1st, Valencia, Spain
- McLaren – Friday Feb 4th, Berlin, Germany
- Ferrari – Friday Jan 28th, Maranello, Italy
- Mercedes – Tuesday, Feb 1st, Valencia, Spain
- Renault (aka Black Lotus) – Monday Jan 31st, Valencia, Spain
- Force India – TBC
- Williams – Tuesday, Feb 1st, Valencia, Spain (interim livery)
- Toro Rosso – Tuesday, Feb 1st, Valencia, Spain
- Sauber- Monday, Jan 31st, Valencia, Spain
- Team Lotus – Team launch, Jan 31st (online) – Car launch, Feb 12th, London UK.
- Virgin Racing – Monday, Feb 7th, BBC Television Centre, London, UK
- Hispania – TBC
Rather controversially, McLaren have stated that they are to miss the first winter test in Valencia and give their engineers and designers an extra 10 days of development time. Martin Whitmarsh played down concerns over the car being on schedule, saying that it’s all part of the plan…
It’s likely that the rest of the teams will launch their cars while at the winter testing in Valencia – stay tuned to Badger GP for further updates.