In the spirit of openness, honesty and democracy that Badger was founded upon, we’ve decided that the driver of the first four races should be chosen by you. That’s right, you, our loyal and knowledgeable readers. Also, it never hurts to shamelessly hijack a topical event (the British general election for those in far flung parts of the world) and put an F1 Badger spin on it. So, in the finest electoral spirit, here are some spiffing candidates for your perusal.
Read the comments – and make your selections in the poll at the bottom (choose up to three nominations for the ‘Hot Rod’ crown!) And what’s more, after you’ve cast your vote, why not have a read of our full “Hot Rod or Hot Dog” looking at all the teams and drivers and their progress so far in 2010 – Hot Rod or Hot Dog
– A bit of a dark horse this one.
– He’s pitched up on a number of tracks he didn’t know and given them a real go.
– A choice for those who like to vote for the underdog.
– Won the first race
– Drove for an age in another without proper gears and has generally looked fast.
– A choice for those who like their drivers fast and ruthless.
– Won a couple of races through great decision making
– Leading the championship
– Taken on his team mate in his own team and generally been too cool for school.
– A choice for those who like their drivers smooth and silky.
– The overtaking king, although has put himself in positions to need to.
– A choice for those who like their drivers super quick and with strange tufts of facial hair.
– The metronome.
– Fast in a car that shouldn’t really have been that fast.
– He’s the jockey outriding his horse.
– A choice for those who like their drivers to be greater than the sum of their parts.
– The new kid on the block.
– Took on an old master and came out shining.
– A choice for those who like their drivers to defy expectations.
– The quickest of the lot
– Hamstrung by some rotten luck
– A choice for those who like their drivers young, intelligent and personable.
Who’s the Hot Rod?
So now, it’s over to you, our trusty, lovable readers – who’s your hot dog of the season so far? Mark up to three drivers. The Readers’ choice will be here on Sunday before the race…
No why not read our full form card for all the teams and drivers so far in 2010 – Hot Rod or Hot Dog or if you’ve been there and done that, why not get into GP2, with our full two-part GP2 prixview of F1’s feeder series.
All photos credit to Alex Comerford